Mini-review – We asked ChatGPT!
I’m planning to take up an EA called “Dark Mimas MT5" in next Monday’s article, but please prepare a little!
Dark Mimas trades using the indicator “Dark Oscillator". It seems that this indicator was released and sold in MQL5 in January 2021, so I asked with half-doubt that maybe ChatGPT was learning.
Q: Please tell me about the indicator registered in the MQL5 community – “Dark Oscillator MT5 indicator".
A：ChatGPT: https://chat.openai.com/auth/login response
“Dark Oscillator MT5 Indicator" is one of the technical indicators (indicators) registered in the MQL5 community. This indicator is used to detect price trend reversals.
The Dark Oscillator indicator displays a histogram of price convergence and divergence. This histogram shows negative and positive price changes, forming peaks when the trend is likely to reverse. The Dark Oscillator indicator also has two moving average lines that can also be used to check the trend direction.
The Dark Oscillator indicator is available for the MT5 platform and can be downloaded for free. However, it is important to have a basic knowledge of market trends and price changes before using this indicator. Also, when it comes to trend reversals, I do not recommend trading only using this indicator. It is important to consider multiple factors such as other technical indicators and fundamental analysis before trading.
ChatGPT sometimes writes like that, so the truth may be unclear. Therefore, I additionally asked about the “source" of the above content.
Below is the reply.
“The Dark Oscillator indicator displays price convergence and divergence histograms and can detect trend reversals," the information is available on the website of MetaQuotes Software Corp., the official site of the MetaTrader 5 (MT5) platform. I quoted from the description of the “DarkOscillator.mq5" file posted in
Also, the information “The Dark Oscillator indicator has two moving average lines that can also be used to check the direction of the trend" is displayed when the indicator is added to the charts of the MT5 platform. Quoted from the parameter window description.
Don’t be fooled by ChatGPT’s composition, get as much primary information as possible!
Liar discovery! The Dark Oscillator indicator is “paid"!
MQL5 Free EA – NOZAX Portfolio No.2
NOZAX Portfolio NO.2
- Account: NZX Zero (ECN) (NOZAX)
- Initial balance: 100,000 yen
- Working EA:
- TraderMind EA MT5: Currency Pair: USDCAD#, Timeframe: 1 Hour, Lot quantity: 0.04 Lot
- White Bear DT for NOZAX v1.13: Currency pair: USDJPY#, Timeframe: 5-minute, Lot quantity: 0.02 lot
- Gold Multiply Funds EA: Currency Pair: XAUUSD#, Timeframe: 30-minute, Lot quantity: 0.01 lot
- Catastrofix EA MT5: Currency Pair: EURGBP#, EURAUD#, EURNZD#, EURUSD#, GBPCAD#, AUDJPY#, Timeframe: 1 Hour, Lot quantity: 0.01 lot
Results from April 24 to April 28 (NOZAX Portfolio No.2)
- TraderMind EA MT5: 1 win and 1 losses, total profit and loss was -2,286 yen (-55.9 pips).
- White Bear DT USDJPY: 0 wins and 0 loss, total profit and loss was 0 yen (0 pips).
- Gold Multiply Funds EA: 0 win and 3 losses, total profit and loss was -4,904 yen (-3628 pips).
- Catastrofix EA MT5: 5 wins and 3 loss, total profit and loss was 5,991 yen (675.6 pips).
Past Results (NOZAX Portfolio No.2)
The individual results of each EA in the portfolio No. 2 are as follows.
- 10-28 April 2023
(Trades with a profit of even 1 yen are counted as “winning", while the reverse is counted as “negative")
- Balance: 100,000 yen → 101,097 yen
Current status and schedule of the portfolio
This week has been an unstable week with significant fluctuations in balances. TradersMind EA and Gold Multiply Funds EA were painful to lose, but Catastorofix made up for a large part of it. Catastrofix’s win rate is now 30%, which is close to the backtest result (36.68%).
On April 26th, the highest profit after the start of the test was 105,665 yen, and it showed a result that we can expect in the future.
Look forward to next week.